Skip to content
You are here: Home | Parents | Appeals and tribunals

Appeals and tribunals

How to appeal

To appeal a local authoirty decision about an EHCP you need to register your appeal with the SEND tribunal. You will need to send the following documents to register your appeal:

  • A copy of the Local Authority decision letter
  • A copy of your mediation certificate (unless you are only appealing section I - placement)
  • The completed, signed and dated appeal form
  • Any supporting documents or reports for your appeal – you will have an opportunity to submit further evidence at a later date in your appeal if you do not have the evidence available at the time of registering your appeal